Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Adam, Eve and Apple

Adam and Eve were standing in the shade of their apple tree.
"Want a bite?"
"No, its not allowed."
"OK, so I shouldn't have picked it. But I can't put it back now, can I? So might as well eat it. You know how He hates waste."
"He said don't eat it. He never said don't pick it."
"Its picked! In my hand. Look! round, ripe, rosy, tasty, crunchy, sweet and delicious. You want I should just leave it? chuck it?"
"Just put it down by the tree. It'll rot, turn to compost, feed the tree. Like putting it back, in a way."
"There's a quicker way....."
CRUNCH. munch. mmm.
"What are you doing?"
"Putting it back. Next time I take a shit I'll do it right here. Feed the tree. Like you said."
"I will never understand you."
"No? what did you say yesterday? Another shitty day in Paradise? you want to get back to the real world? of challenges and opportunities? do your own thing without Big Daddy looking over your shoulder all the time? shaking your snake and wishing you had a few more places to put it? you got it! we're outta here. So, enjoy."
"Thanks Mum."
Be careful what you ask for. Then enjoy it.