Monday, July 25, 2005

Break the Law today

What, tell me, is the objection to government, national or local, making money out of citizens' illegal activity?

Each time I open a paper I see someone whining and grizzling (are these visible? really?) about speed cameras being there to make money because they don't stop speeding.
They do. I got camera'd last year and since then I've been driving more carefully - not that my van can do much speed anyway: just hadn't noticed the notice on the mortorway that said 50 (maybe I didn't hear it.)

I'd rather pay more money and not get the points on my licence. If it were really a governmental money-making exercise they'd do better to scrap the points penalties and charge £100 per mph over the speed limit.

It is a perfect tax, isn't it? We can choose to break the law and, when caught, make a financial donation. An optional tax.

Yes, the tai chi week was fantastic. Next event, Taoist Practice Step 1, then the Shiatsu Intensive next week, then the Taoist Summer Retreat on the 13th August to the 20th.

Life is good!